Polly Thompson started as a general common law practitioner in London but has specialised in family law for over twenty years.
She is regularly instructed in Family Finance dealing with complex and high value disputes.
In Public Law Care Proceedings, Polly acts for parents, Guardians and other family members dealing with vulnerable clients and cases involving alleged non-accidental injury and sexual abuse.
Polly is able to accept work under Direct Public Access (DPA) on cases that are suitable.
- Financial Remedy
- Contested divorce petitions
- Public Law Care and Adoption (for guardians and parents)
- Wardship (including child abduction)
Re G & B (Disclosure: Protocol)  EWHC 2630 (Fam):
 1 FLR 1080
Re M (Residence)  EWCA Civ 1052:
 2 FLR 1059
- BA (Hons.) English, Queen Mary College, London University, 1984
- Dip.Law, Polytechnic of Central London, 1989
Sholarships & Awards
- 6 month stage in Brussels 1992 as a Middle Temple Scholar.
- Conversational French
- FLBA (Family Law Bar Association)
- Association of Lawyers for Children (ALC)
- South Eastern Circuit
- Walking my dog, yoga, theatre and cinema.
This set comes recommended for its members' expertise in children and matrimonial finance matters. The children cases range across both public and private law work, and include those concerning non-accidental injury, sexual abuse and fabricated illness. On the financial side, the set's barristers demonstrate the ability to act in substantial financial remedies cases as well as Schedule 1 and TOLATA matters.~ Chambers UK Bar Guide 2020
Specialising in matrimonial finance and children matters. Members appear in the regional courts as well as the High Court and the Court of Appeal. They often act in financial remedy proceedings relating to farms, companies, properties and other assets. In addition they are adept at dealing with serious child care allegations including physical abuse and death.~ Chambers UK Bar Guide 2019