Our specialist Family Law barristers are recommended in the Legal 500 and the Chambers & Partners guides for providing expert and sympathetic legal advice and court representation.
Members are skilled at guiding clients through a wide range of disputes, including complex residence disputes where contact arrangements and/or communication have entirely broken down, or where serious allegations of sexual abuse, physical violence or emotional abuse are made.
Our experienced private law team also deal with more specific issues such as schooling, medical treatment, education, removal of children from the jurisdiction of the UK, parental alienation or abduction and cases requiring injunctions, Wardship or involving the Inherent Jurisdiction of the High Court.
As well as parents, Chambers also welcome instructions from grandparents, wider family members, interveners and, with an increased emphasis being placed on the ‘child’s voice’, members will often act directly for children whether through their Rule 16.4 Guardian or independently.
Often running concurrently to private child applications, we offer members across all levels of call to deal with urgent cases involving allegations of domestic abuse between parents – including for non-molestation orders, occupation orders and forced marriage protection orders – many of which require complicated fact-finding hearings.
Our areas of specialism include:
- Complex and intractable child arrangement disputes, including where allegations are made of parental alienation
- Disputes concerning medical treatment of children
- Relocation of children both within and outside the jurisdiction of the UK, including allegations of parental abduction
- Disputes about a child’s education
- Cases involving serious allegations of sexual/physical/emotional abuse
- Disputes where parents have mental health difficulties
- Cases involving parents that are struggling with addiction
- Forced marriage
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Enforcement of child arrangements orders including committal proceedings
This set comes recommended for its members' expertise in children and matrimonial finance matters. The children cases range across both public and private law work, and include those concerning non-accidental injury, sexual abuse and fabricated illness. On the financial side, the set's barristers demonstrate the ability to act in substantial financial remedies cases as well as Schedule 1 and TOLATA matters.~ Chambers UK Bar Guide 2020
Specialising in matrimonial finance and children matters. Members appear in the regional courts as well as the High Court and the Court of Appeal. They often act in financial remedy proceedings relating to farms, companies, properties and other assets. In addition they are adept at dealing with serious child care allegations including physical abuse and death.~ Chambers UK Bar Guide 2019